The past year has been full of challenges, and one, in particular, does not seem to be going away: shortages. Paper goods and cleaning supplies are easy to come by these days. Still, supply chain issues continue for everything from appliances to computer chips to lawn care equipment. As supplies dwindle, demand increases, and repair shops are seeing a sharp rise in demand.
What does that mean for your landscaping business as the summer season approaches? You need to take even the best care possible for existing machinery.
Linxup can help.
Protect Valuable Equipment
It is losing valuable equipment that stings most in any business. It costs money, slows business, and it is a hassle.
Imagine that you can’t replace the equipment immediately and lose it for three to six months. That slowdown could become permanent as existing customers start looking for a landscaping provider who can complete their jobs.
GPS is the obvious solution. With alerts when items move after hours, you’ll know asap if the equipment was stolen, and you’ll have a much greater chance of finding and recovering it.
Take Care of the Equipment
While theft is always a concern, basic wear and tear pose a greater risk when replacements may be hard to come by. Keeping your equipment running well and predicting when a problem might be coming can get you through the season without any worries. And yes, once again, GPS is the solution.
Linxup asset trackers are also excellent at tracking hours of use and setting automatic maintenance reminders. It is a foolproof way to keep your equipment in perfect working condition.
Here’s what to do:
- Install a Linxup asset tracker to equipment.
- Set maintenance reminders for preventative maintenance.
- Sit back and wait for the reminders to come in. You can even send them directly to your favorite repair shop, so they schedule your appointments in advance.
Use this checklist when you set your alerts.
- Change the oil: Every 50 hours for push mowers and 100 hours for riding mowers.
- Change air filters: Depends on how dirty they get. Set a monthly reminder to stay on top of it.
- Fuel filter: If mowers have in-line fuel filters, replace them every 100 hours.
- Fuel treatment: Every time you fill up. (You don’t need a maintenance reminder for this—it’s just a helpful tip!)
- Spark plugs: Start new at the beginning of the season, then replace them every 100 hours.
Want to get even more use from asset trackers? Check out our mower tracker, which provides detailed path mapping of a customer’s property, showing where your crew performed work.
Are you interested in exploring more of our GPS trackers? Or check out our most popular GPS tracker here. Feel free to contact our friendly sales team, click here on your phone, or dial 1-877-907-0801.